Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Cut Out Bin Conscious ch. 15

ch.1
ch. 2
ch.3


ch.12 

SKINNY PUPPY – Remission

Yeah another SP album. This one reminds me of those “goth” nights at the local club… the ones I go to when I’m bored, horny, prowly, and still too much of a rooster’s vagina to do anything about it. But let’s not do that again. I dug out this old Underwood typewriter from the back of my shelves so I could display it in my room. It doesn’t work, but it’s an undeniably cool piece of equipment to have displayed. I wish it did work. Lately I’d rather write on a typewriter… but the reality is all it would do is create more clutter. I don’t necessarily think I’m a hoarder, as hoarders just acquire random objects so they can personalize what is essentially impersonal. I know my space is limited, but I love looking around my room and seeing all the books, DVDs, CDs, LPs, comics, etc. it’s soothing. I don’t know how people maintain their sanity with nothing on their walls, no physical media on their shelves, no shelves at all… antiseptic and institutional. One time I watched one of those “what not to do when looking for a date” programs. The whole program basically boiled down to a handful of really awful individuals saying that it’s wrong to be into anything other than what your prospective sexual conquests might be into, so don’t have any interests outside of MEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME.   A lot of the gripes were justified, if a bit typical (Tapout shirts, jeans with designs on them, etc) but then one woman said “I can’t be with a guy who has posters on his walls”. Eugh. And some women have the ovarian fortitude to call men shallow? Guys can be shallow, but just about different things. Me personally, I can tolerate differences in tastes, even find them endearing, if I find the person I’m attracted to interesting, pleasant, sexually alluring, etc. I may bust balls about someone liking something I find dull or intellectually repugnant, but it’s not a deal breaker. I also don’t care how much money someone makes, or if they live with their parents, etc. a lot of women I’ve encountered in the last 4 years (*gun cocks*) that I’ve been single are the opposite of all the things I just mentioned. I don’t think my expectations are unreasonable, let alone unrealistic. This isn’t coming from a place of misogyny, either. If that was the case, I wouldn’t even bother looking for someone with which to share my company. Nor is it coming from a place of desperation. I also don’t think I’m “batting out of my league” … it’s just that some people have such a high opinion of themselves that they think they deserve someone that only exists in a supermarket romance novel, an ideal no men can possibly live up to. Maybe it’s their revenge for the admittedly unfair body image that’s been forced upon them since the 1980s. well that’s fine, except most of us move past that after initial adolescence, and it’s counterproductive to hold a grudge over something that’s already been deconstructed, disproved, and disavowed by a great many number of men and women. There is no one standard for beauty. Guys do have their types that they are most attracted to, and some rarely deviate from that, but you’ll find that those types do tend to differ from person to person. One guy may be into athletic black girls, another guy fair skinned waifs. One is into loud party girls, another is into ones that are more regal. Some like girls that are a little bigger, others wanna see rib bones. I’m tired of talking about this. no one listens anyway.

Favorite tracks: “Incision”, “Film”, “Solvent”, “Glass Out”


SAMAEL – Ceremony of Opposites / Rebellion

Daaaaaaaayummmm this band used to be so fucking good. A lot of the early-mid 90s Century Media releases were pretty impressive. SYL, Sentenced, Tiamat (ffffff @ Clouds), EHG of course, the Gathering was okay for a little while.. I even dig one Nevermore album (Politics of Ecstasy). I still have a few of those Identity comps. They had their share of dopey stuff, too. Stuck Mojo was always goofy as hell. If you ever wanted Living Color to collaborate with 25 Ta Life… then what is wrong with you? I think the lyrics on one of their songs was “skip to the loo and see me shoo!”. It was that one video they did with all the WCW wrestlers. Well actually it was just DDP and Raven’s Flock. I loved that feud. A watered down version of Tommy Dreamer vs. Raven in ECW, but still entertaining. It even crossed over onto MTV’s Total Request Live, where Raven creamed DDP with a Stop Sign. Actually made that show bearable. This album is sort of where Samael starts to get a little dumb, but there’s just enough morose death metal to offset the bonehead grooves. Another fucking awesome Century Media release is Ulver’s Nattens Madgrigal. Seriously one of the best black metal albums ever. Super raw, but still maintaining enough clarity to make out the crazy riffs. Nothing else that band ever did has held my attention, but that’s what makes Madrigal even more singular and awesome. I love this weird riff on “Mask of Red Death”. I’m tired of talking.

Favorite tracks: “Mask of Red Death”, “Flagellation”, “After the Sepulture”, “Into the Pentagram”,

1 comment:

  1. I have not seen the word "Madrigal" for years..just found out it was a type of poetry..but this was my first exposure to it:

    Madrigal by Anonymous

    My Love in her attire doth show her wit,
    ...It doth so well become her;
    For every season she hath dressings fit,
    ...For Winter, Spring, and Summer.
    ......No beauty she doth miss
    .........When all her robes are on:
    ......But Beauty's self she is
    .........When all her robes are gone.

    ReplyDelete